Face covering guidance in school
In response to a change in government guidance, we now ‘strongly advise’ that face masks are worn in all communal areas at school. Please ensure that you son/daughter, unless exempt, carries a face mask to school for this purpose. Face masks are still required on public and school transport. This guidance is likely to run until the end of term.
Current covid rates within school are very low. However, students have been reminded this morning of the following:
- Not to close windows which should be open [NB Good ventilation needs to be balanced with the requirements for an 'ambient temperature' and students may be given permission by staff to wear a coat if it is felt to be required given current temperatures]
- Importance of regular hand washing, use of hand sanitiser stations, and use of tissue to catch coughs/sneezes
- Continuation of twice weekly testing at home
In addition please be aware:
- Close contacts will only be required to self-isolate if they come into contact with a confirmed Omicron case. This may mean the school will be required to send groups of students home for 10 days.
- We have been asked by gov.uk to carry out in-school testing in the first week next term. Further details on this will be forthcoming.
Jonathan M Webb