I write regarding the planned strike by members of the NEU on Thursday 27 April and Tuesday 2 March.
In the interests of health and safety and due to uncertainty over which lessons we may be able to teach on site due to unknown staffing levels at this stage, the following arrangements will be in place for both days:
Students in Year 10, 11, 12 ,13
- These year groups are expected in school for normal attendance.
- Students should go to their form rooms for 8:45 as normal and will follow their normal school day.
- It is not clear at this stage which lessons will be taught and which will need to be covered or combined. Students are therefore advised to bring additional reading matter and work to do if their lesson is covered.
- Year 12 and 13 may sign out and go home if they wish during the day if they have no further scheduled lessons.
Students in Years 7, 8 & 9
- Students in these year groups should remain at home [unless as listed below].
- Those staff who are in school will run live lessons for students via Teams as per the normal schedule of the day. Lessons will be scheduled by the morning of each day.
- For Year 7 students who may not be fully familiar with Teams and the protocols of a live lesson, there will be some additional training provided next week in either form time of lessons.
- Where a lesson is not scheduled, students can complete work, read or follow some of the suggested resources [to be circulated].
- We require all students to log on at 9 am so that a register can be taken - a link to this will be sent and students should consult their Teams calendar.
- If students are unable to access online technology they should notify school in advance.
- School will also remain open for students in Year 7-9 with an EHCP, boarders who cannot return home or wish to stay in school, or students whose parents are critical workers.
- Students whose parents are critical workers and are coming into school should go straight to the library for registration and supervision. Arrangements for boarders will be made separately.
- To assess the level of demand for this service please complete the form here: https://forms.office.com/e/cCWRufyK2k before Tuesday.
Due to the level of uncertainty, arrangements may still be subject to change and so any updates will be sent out as soon as we can.
Jonathan M Webb
Ripon Grammar School